Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Questions that Employers often ask in a Job interview
- Why do you think you're the right person for this position?
- Why do you feel you're the right candidate for this job?
- How are you different from other candidates interviewing for this position?
POSITION, BOSS, COMPANY:
- Why do you want to work in this field?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What are you looking for in a job?
- What would be the ideal company for you?
- What would the ideal boss be like?
- What things are important to you in this position you're applying for?
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- What do you think can you contribute to the company?
- Why do you want to work in our company?
- What do you know about our company?
- How did you hear about our company's hiring?
- How did you hear about the vacant position?
- Do you have any relatives or friends working in our company?
- Here’s a pencil. Sell it to me.
- Tell me about yourself.
- How do you describe yourself?
- How would your friends describe you?
- How would your coworkers describe you?
- Describe your working style.
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What are some of your pet peeves?
- What do you think you would like least about this job?
- How do you handle your mistakes?
- How do you handle the mistakes of others?
- How do you handle pressures?
- How do you handle criticisms?
- How do you handle conflicts?
- How do you manage priorities?
- What was your greatest disappointment?
- How do you manage the difficult aspects of this position?
- What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
SKILLS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, EXPERIENCE:
- What are your assets and fields expertise?
- What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
- What are some skills and experience you acquired from your previous company?
- What are some accomplishments and skills that you gained from your education?
- Why did you leave your last position?
- Can you describe a previous work situation in which you were given multiple tasks?
- Can you describe a previous work situation in which you had an argument with your boss or coworker?
- Can you describe an occasion in the past when you were criticized for your performance?
- Can you describe a situation in your previous work where you had to assume responsibility of a group of people?
TEAM PLAYER, LEADERSHIP:
- Can you describe your leadership style?
- What are your team player qualities?
- Do you prefer working alone or in teams? Why?
- What motivates you in your work?
- What is your motivation for exerting your best effort in the job?
- What does success mean to you?
- How do you define success?
- What is your ideal your environment?
- Which courses in school did you like most and why?
- How has your education prepared you for this position?
- Do you have any plans of continuing your education?
- What are your short-term goals?
- What are your long-term plans?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
SPORTS, LEISURE, RECREATION:
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite recreation?
- What do you do in your leisure time?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What hours are you willing to work?
- Are you flexible in these hours?
- Are you willing to work overtime?
- How soon can you start?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Do you drive?
- Are you willing to be relocated?
- Do you speak any other languages aside from English?
- What are your salary expectations?